Compass O 50 WDG Fungicide for control of certain foliar, stem, and root diseases of ornamentals grown in interiorscapes, field nursery plantings, forest nurseries, greeenhouses, lath and shadehouses, containers, and other enclosed structures.
Compass O 50 WDG Fungicide is a mesostemic fungicide that provides 14-21 days of control on a variety of pathogens. Compass O offers both contact as well as translaminar control at very low rates. Use Compass O in a rotation with Strike or a variety of other fungicides for a season of pathogen clean growing.
Compass O 50 WDG Fungicide contains trifloxystrobin, a chemistry based on natural products which are found in certain wood decaying fungi. Strobilurin fungicides have been developed from these natural compounds.
Compass O 50 WDG Fungicide Mode of Action:
- Acts within the mitochondria, the energy producing organelles in the cell, inhibiting respiration by blocking electron transfer in the respiratory chain.
- Has a strong attraction to the plant surface and is absorbed by the waxy layer of the plant.
- Redistributes at the plant surface by superficial vapor movement. It penetrates plant tissue, has translaminar activity, but does not translocate within the vascular system.
Compass O 50 WDG Fungicide Benefits:
- Provides excellent contact protection against surface fungi
- Protects new growth from disease
- Highly translaminar which provides protection to undersides of leaves
- Rain fast within 2 hours
- Low use rates
- Offers protection of treated and untreated tissues
- Long-lasting, 7-21 days control